So I didn't get my New Year's Eve midnight kiss, but I did experience a phenomenon that flatters/frustrates me every so often.
At Gaffney's in Saratoga, I saw a cute guy and gave him my signature "I'm possibly interested" look. While my look is not a stalkerish stare, it's impossible to misinterpret. I got what I imagine was his "I'm possibly interested" look in return. Once you catch someone's eye you always look to see if they're going to look again. We smiled at each other a few times.
I love the thrill of flirting across a room without words. My heart skips a beat when I notice that a guy is talking to his friends, but his eyes are on me.
So I waited for him to approach me, 99% sure that he wouldn't, because I believe that most guys these days lack balls. Unless you're by yourself and they're drunk, chances are you're not going to get approached. But I feel like it's the guy's place to make a move, so I didn't approach him.
Now I'm thinking I should have. This has happened to me a LOT in my life. I mean, if I am always checking guys out and making it so obvious, I should also just walk up to them and see where it goes. Maybe I've been spoiled by the (very few!) guys in my life who went after me with determination.
I even checked the missed connections on craigs list to see if this guy had any regrets. Nerdy, I know. But how romantic would that have been?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He may not have approached you because his wife or girlfriend was there! Be true to yourself girlfriend!!!
Good call! I didn't even think of that. Ugh. Guys are scum.
Post a Comment