Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sweet 23 and never been kissed...

at midnight on New Year's Eve. I hope most of you find this hard to believe, because I sure as hell do. I'm actually angry about it.
Even though I've been in relationships in the past at this time of year, for some reason I have never been with the guy on New Year's. Knowing the guys I've dated, they were probably out kissing someone else.
I remember one year I had gotten in a fight with the bf New Year's Eve and I was practically forcing him to see me that night because I was bound and determined to have that kiss. Needless to say it didn't work and our relationship ended a month later.
Now, I am not a romantic person, I just feel like this traditional kiss is something I should have accomplished by now. It's like being 30 and still a virgin. It gets to the point where you need to just do it and get it over with.
And I am really starting to feel like it's about time I got my damn New Year's kiss. This is my early New Year's resolution. Now I just have to find a willing guy.

Maybe I should save it for marriage...

6 comments:

Joy said...

I am shocked. I bet no matter where you are or who you are with this year, you will find a willing male.

Kate said...

I'm pretty shocked, too. WTF? I agree with Joy, though. No matter where you are, I would think you'd find a willing male who's hot enough to take the plunge with. You don't want just anyone, after all.

Jen said...

um neither have i. i am feeling your pain. oh and this year, when i'm actually seeing someone? he'll be 2500 miles away. in the desert. while i'm freezing my ass off here.

Joanna said...

So let's look forward...when you're 30, will you be posting a blog about your virginity?

mp said...

Well? Did you find a willing participant?

Becky said...

Update: No kiss!

Happy New Year everybody!