Monday, January 7, 2008

Come back home to California

Cactus sitting!





There's this great song by the band Atherton about a guy telling his baby to come back home to California. It always makes me homesick. I've never lived there.


But I've been to southern California a handful of times, and every time I've felt as if I was coming home. There's no place in the world I've been to I would rather live. Cali is full of sun, laid back, and lazy. It's HOT...and never humid. The people are nutty, shallow, and have more plastic in their faces than Barbie. That's for me.


Tomorrow I'll be back home. Two hours from LA and San Diego, right smack in the Mojave desert. There are no words that express how truly happy, fulfilled, and peaceful it makes me feel.






3 comments:

Kate said...

BFS's Ohio (Come Back to Texas) makes me feel exactly the same way. Like was always meant to live in Texas (perish the thought). Never been to Cali, though, but always wanted to. Travel safe!

Joy said...

Wow!! You are so excited! Why not see if there are any jobs out there while you're in town? Us N' Easterners would miss you like crazy of course...

Joanna said...

I lived in the desert over 23 years ago and am again living in the desert. I like your perspective. I'm going to have to try that. Maybe I'll stop missing the green!