Today I heard from the Capitol, and they want to hire me for that tour guide position I interviewed for last month.
They're offering me $35,000. And it's a permanent, federal job.
They said I could start as early as May 17th. I said, "Woah, woah, WOAH. What's the latest I could start?" June 23rd. I was hoping that it wouldn't be until the fall and I could have all summer to leave.
I don't know what to do. It doesn't seem like enough money. And when I really, seriously think about leaving here, it doesn't make me feel good. But I think it would be really fun to live on my own for once. College so does not count.
I have to let them know by Monday. Eek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
BIG decision! We will drink on it at HH. Congratulations either way. You should be proud that you are the chosen one!
Congratulations on getting the job! That should make you feel good even if you turn it down. You have a tough decision to make!
omg! what a decision to make over the weekend!
whatever you do we'll support you, of course, but wow. I want you to go off and have an adventure, but I also want you right where I can see you whenever I want.
This is hard!
You rock! Congrats. I am sure you will make the right decision.
I thought you had left the country. No blog for nearly ONE MONTH!!! I KNOW your life is more exciting than that!!! As for the job offer, that is awesome!!! Think big picture as you're making your decision. This job won't be the final job you have but will it open the doors you want and need for your future????
So what's the word?
I'm going to stay.
Good for you Becky!!!
I keep waiting for a post listing your reasons for this decision so I can tell you what a fabulous decision you made.
Post a Comment