And it really doesn't get any cheesier than Gidget, starring Sandra Dee and James Darren. My parents gave me the movie when I was a little
girl, and it definitely jumpstarted my obsession with California, surfing, and the beach.
There's nothing better than a film made in the 1950s with corny lingo like "Gee whiz!" starring a nauseatingly perky blonde who learns how to surf and becomes the pet of hunky surf bums. I highly recommend you watch it. I just did. Again.
girl, and it definitely jumpstarted my obsession with California, surfing, and the beach.There's nothing better than a film made in the 1950s with corny lingo like "Gee whiz!" starring a nauseatingly perky blonde who learns how to surf and becomes the pet of hunky surf bums. I highly recommend you watch it. I just did. Again.

3 comments:
omg, I had such a crush on Moondoggy. And when she tricks him into being jealous by drinking beer and trying to make out with the older guy - awesome!
I have to confess I liked the ones with Debbie Reynolds as Tammy.
Gidget movies were my thing way back then - how romantic, even if corny.
Post a Comment