1. They shamelessly take advantage of the fact that you still have feelings for them.
2. Read number one.
The 37 year old wildebeests named Ian seem to be the most dangerous of the species.
Seriously, I have never dated a guy as charming as this one.
He just asked me to dinner last night and he was great, looked great, it was great. But nothing is going to change.
I remember thinking, when I first started dating him, "Wow, I am going to knock this guy's socks off. I'm young, fun, smart, blah, blahity, blah."
Yeah, there's a reason he's still single at 37. He wants to be.
I have a feeling that blogging is going to totally satisfy my inner Carrie Bradshaw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Wow - I am the priviledged first responder!! Thanks for the invite. You are all going to make me feel like I need a blog too, but...who knows?
As for Ian - take him for the nice dinners if you want but as long as you have no expectations of him, you can use him as much as he is using you!!
1. Your blog title ROCKS.
2. Ian sucks.
3. I agree w/ Joan. Take him, but keep your guard up. He's a snake:)
How appropriate -- you start your blog with a list! I'm so proud of you. Wait. I have a tear in my eye!!! Why waste your time with him? People will think you're still with him and others won't ask you out. He's a loser/user. Drop him. You deserve SO much better!!!
Yeah, Joanna's right. He isn't really worth your time. And let's face it... he DID ask you out on a FRIDAY night, which is usually our HH time. If you intend to use him for free food, etc., then you should only agree to see him on nights OTHER than Friday:)
I like the idea of casual dating with Ian. If the conversation is good and he is buying, enjoy! BTW, I cannot in good faith move forward with the idea of you meeting Erik (with a “K”); you are far too superior for him!
Oh yeah. And Joan should totally get a blog going now...
Joy's right - not on Friday nights - I certainly plan on resuming HH once the holidays are over, and company is gone, so you better be there!
I do not have a very interesting life - no guys to bitch about,only my peeing dogs one of whom is on prozac and the other could use valium, complaints about back pain and other boring topics, so I'm not so sure a blog for me would be good. We'll see, my friends, we'll see.
i would just like to say that i heart this blog. thanks for inviting me! maybe this will get me back on the blogging track... it's been since Feb 07!!! dear jesus.
anyways good job, delightful post, while i am sorry you are upset over this clearly stupid man-boy, i am delighted at your writing skills of an artist.
i pulled that strongbad reference SO out of my ass.
Yay!!! I'm so happy to see that you've joined the blogosphere! Welcome aboard!
Post a Comment