In September I lost my job at the Saratoga museum, and my friend, whose father owns a bunch of NAPA stores out in eastern NY, generously hired me to deliver parts for her in New Lebanon until I found another job.
I loved it right from the start...the countryside is beautiful out there, and it's pretty nice to be paid to drive around listening to country music with the windows down. The people are gun-toting, work on their own cars, pick-up truck driving hicks (even the women) and they're great people.
One of these people was Domenic, an absolutely adorable blonde haired blue eyed always smiling sweetheart. He was a customer at NAPA and the first time I saw him I asked my boss, Jimmy, who he was. Jimmy told me that he was in a long-term (13 year!) relationship with someone and had a child, but they were ending it because she had cheated on him numerous times. (Another great/bad thing about this small town....everyone knows everyone's business.) At that point I was bummed, figuring that this was definitely not the time for him to be interested in a relationship. But Jimmy, without informing me, told Dom I was interested and soon after that he left a note with his name and number telling me to call him under the windshield wiper of my car. This was October.
So we started seeing each other. Because I am an idiot. It was pretty clear right from the start that he wasn't ready/wasn't crazy about me....I didn't see him or hear from him often. But whenever I said I was concerned, he would assure me that he did want to keep seeing me. Asshole.
When he was with me, I was so sure of how he felt. I could feel that he cared. He said and did things that made me so sure. And I was so completely wrong.
A couple of weeks ago, he asked me to go away with him for the weekend. I wasn't able to go. I have not seen or heard from him since. Asshole.
It's kind of funny, actually. I mean......WTF? Thoughts?
Oh, here's a pic of me and Dom at a New Year's party. The asshole.
AND, I freaking loved him without that scruffy beard...he grew it a couple weeks after we started "dating" and shaved it off the week he "dumped" me so I didn't even get to enjoy him clean-shaven. Asshole.

3 comments:
Boys suck.
Wow - 13 years with someone and a child and he still wasn't married???? something is definitely wrong with the guy. Yeah - guys suck!
Yeah, another obvious warning sign. I am not too smart.
Post a Comment