Chad the rocker:
I spent St. Patty's Day at Jillian's in downtown Albany because Ten Year Vamp was playing a show there at 3pm and another show at 10pm and my friends and I decided we were going to have ourselves a 100%, all-out, Ten Year Vamp obsessed groupie fan day.
I saw Chad before the band went on to play and he asked me how my trip to DC had been and was his usual cute self. (Let me just add a note here: I am completely aware that any guy, even the shyest guy, will make a move on a chick if he really likes her. So if you've met a guy a few times and he hasn't made a move...guess what? He's just not that into you. But I was feeling wild and had been drinking and I had made up my mind that I was going to hold nothing back and make it obvious to Chad that I was into him. I'm very impatient and I was tired of waiting for him to make a move.) He was wearing one of those graphic t's that said, I got out of bed for this? While he was talking to one of my friends I caught his eye, smiled, grabbed the front of his shirt and whispered in his ear, "You got out of bed for this." And then I did a full-body gesture to myself.
He laughed but didn't go anywhere with it. I sighed and went over to the drummer, Scott, who's dating my friend Kaylin, and asked him if he and Kaylin wanted to go to dinner between shows with Chad and I. Scott said sure and told me to go after Chad. His exact words were, "Jump on that boy! I know he's into you." I told him it didn't seem like it and Scott said he was having issues with an ex-girlfriend but that it wasn't a big deal. Yeah right. Immediate red flag.
I asked Chad if he wanted to go to dinner between shows with Kaylin and Scott and he said he was definitely interested, and we exchanged cell phone numbers. He said for me to call him once we had all picked a place for dinner. I called him and he didn't answer the phone. I didn't leave a message. When we got back to the bar, he said nothing to me, and didn't even look at me. Then he saw a cute girl, hugged her, and talked to her until the second show started. I'm pretty sure it was his ex. I left before the first set break and didn't say anything to him. I haven't called him and he has not called me.
Ian:
Ugh, this one is even worse. Since Ian dumped me last October, we have remained "friends" and talk on the phone, send e-mails, and text each other at least once a week. I've only seen him twice since October. Once a few days before Christmas when he took me to dinner where he films his tv show and he kissed me in the parking lot. The other time was a couple of weeks ago when we went out for drinks and then had...yeah. And it was amazing. It always was. I hate that. And I love it.
Here's why I'm confused. For the life of me I can't figure out what he wants.
1. I'm a pretty cynical bitch, so I'm aware that most guys love their ex-girlfriends for one big reason...sex with no strings attached. This is not the case with Ian because it's only happened once and it was my idea. It really was. I literally told him I had agreed to meet him for drinks because I wanted to have sex with him and his eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas that had just been given the best surprise ever.
2. Both times I've seen him since he dumped me, and probably at least once on the phone, he's referred to one of the last dates we went on as a couple as the best date of his life. Granted, it was a pretty damn romantic and perfect date, but what the hell?! What am I supposed to say to him when he says that?! Why do you break up with a girl a week after the best date of your life?!
3. He left me a voicemail in January when I was in California saying he had just been on an awful date, and he was, at the moment, sitting in his hot tub and thinking of me. His exact words: "How's that for romantic?" Yes, Ian, very romantic. What the hell do you want me to say?
4. I also thought that he had broken up with me so that he could date other women. That was pretty much what he told me...that he gets bored and likes variety. When I saw him a couple of weeks ago he told me he hasn't had sex with anyone since we broke up. Bastard. If you're going to dump me to date other women you damn well better do it.
5. I thought maybe he broke up with me because I was too young for him, and he felt that it was awkward to be seen with me. Nope. When I was in Vermont he called and said he wanted me to go to a party with him as his date. The party involved a bunch of local newscasters. It would have been awesome and I definitely would have gone if I hadn't been out of town.
So I am beyond confused. The only conclusion I can come to is that he likes the attention he gets from me. But honestly, he doesn't get that much. I rarely contact him first, usually I am just returning his calls or e-mails. And every time we talk on the phone it's for 5 minutes, tops. Any theories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is what I would do…
Forget Chad. Not liking him at all. You deserve to be treated better, and should definitely not be ignored.
Date Ian. Try really hard to not take it any further, but continue to date him. Go to romantic restaurants and fabulous places and have fun. If someone comes along that you really like and wants more of a committed relationship, then stop dating Ian. In the meantime, Ian may end up falling for you because you are the perfect woman on his arm.
I do like MP's advice and agree with it. I also think that perhaps the thing with Chad was just bad timing.
I totally agree with MP (what a smart woman!). Do exactly what she tells you to do.
I love MP too! And I think you are way above both of them. I'd hate for Ian to think you're "there" for him when he needs you.
Post a Comment