Some of you may know that my friend Julia and I are big fans of the local band Ten Year Vamp. We go see them play about once a month, but lately it's been more often because Julia's cousin April has been singled out by one of the guitarists, Mark. Last weekend April's neighbor Kaylin came to a show with us and the band's drummer, Scott, was immediately drawn to her. After the show, Julia and I waited nearby while April and Kaylin talked with their admirers. The other two guys in the band, Chad and Pete, came over and chatted with Julia and I. I was drawn to Chad, who seemed really down to earth and very animated. He asked me to come to the next show, which was Friday night.Of course I went. We talked a little bit before he went on to play, and during the set breaks. While the band was playing, April said that Chad had asked about me after I met him the week before. Such an awesome thing to hear. And, by the way, it is so much fun to be in a crowd singing along with a band and knowing that one of the guitarists is looking at you and smiling every time he catches your eye.
After the show April, Julia, and I walked out to our cars and saw Chad in the parking lot, packing up his car. We walked over to say goodbye and two minutes later I was wrapped up in his leather jacket with him still inside of it. Mmm. We stood there talking with our arms around each other for awhile, then I forced myself to leave him and drive home, because I had to be up in three hours to drive to Vermont.
The band is playing Thursday night at Jillian's and then won't be playing again locally until St. Patty's Day. I'm thinking I just won't go again until March 17th, because I don't want to be the girl that goes to every show and has a crush on the guitar player. I feel like if he was really interested, he would have asked for my number last night, so I think playing it cool is the best idea for now. Besides, do I really want to get involved with a divorce attorney by day cute musician by night?

7 comments:
Can't wait to see what this means!
Excellent narrative.
I think this guy sounds pretty interesting. Why let him get away?
Why WOULDN'T you want to get involved???????
I know, he sounds great. But I'm kind of wary now of older guys who are surrounded by dysfunctional relationships, and as a divorce attorney, that's all he sees. Plus he gets hit on all the time at shows. I'm not assuming it won't work...I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. We'll see what happens next time I see him.
Which guy in the photo is Chad and did you go last night?
He's the one on the left and yeah, I went to the show last night. I can't figue him out. He seems interested but apparently he's not. Very frustrating. And it just makes me want him more!
Guys! Who knows what they want! You decide whether you want him, not the n other way around.
Post a Comment