Here's the view when you walk in the front door:
.jpg)
The bathroom is on the immediate right, and in this picture you can see the boys' toilet training kit on the toilet...the orange ring with the white circle around it...they are doing so well! (I took the picture at an angle so you could see more of it...like the bedroom, it's a narrow room with a very high ceiling):

Here's the living room...The horse painting on the wall is one that I just bought tonight at an auction benefiting the Beekman Street Artists' coop. My first piece of real art, other than my mother and sister's paintings. And my first time bidding at an auction! It's truly beautiful:
.jpg)
I wanted to include the same picture but show more of the height so that you guys can get an idea of how incredibly tall the ceilings are...every room has a 10 foot ceiling:
.jpg)
More living room shots...my bedroom door is next to the tall wicker bookcase behind the futon...I took that picture with my ass against the stove. Haha:
.jpg)
.jpg)
Here's a shot of the kitchen, taken from my bedroom door, followed by a shot of my kitchen taken from over by the TV. I can practically open the fridge from the futon...I was thinking of tying a string to the door handle so I wouldn't have to get off my butt. To the right of the fridge is the short hallway to the bathroom on the left (behind the kitchen) and the front door straight ahead:
.jpg)
.jpg)
Finally, the bedroom. Take a gander at that closet! Tiny. Check out (on top of my dresser) the signed jockey riding boots and whip that I bought at the Mardi Gras gala when I was drunk. (Have I told you guys that story?):
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
One last thing...I have some gripes about the apartment, but the things I can't complain about are the high ceilings, my bay window, the paint job (great terra cotta color) and the floors. I love that the bathroom and kitchen have real tile floors, not linoleum, and the living room and bedroom are the original hardwood. It looks great. And there are a couple of neat little ornate grates in the floor in the living room and bedroom that give the place an antique touch. Murdock is a total camera hog so he is front and center in this picture, as well as in half the others I posted here:
.jpg)
.jpg)
So that's my place! I hope you guys enjoyed seeing it and you are more than welcome to come over anytime for a beer/wine. I like shiraz and riesling. :)

11 comments:
Very nice,...i love the painting...i would like to know more about the whip.haha
One Whip: Used once (aside from its use by previous owner). Black. Shiny. Signed.
She's alive!!! I thought you had fallen off the blogging world. Nice to have you back! Love the apartment. You still didn't tell us anything about the whip really!
I was at Hattie's Mardi Gras Gala in January and there was an open absinthe bar so I got a little sauced.
The boots, whip, and goggles were part of the event's silent auction and are signed by Johnny Velazquez. Johnny was the number one rider in North America and has been in the top ten for years. (So really, it can be argued that this was a wise investment.) I spotted the goods right away and decided I needed them. I needed them twice as bad when I became involved in a bidding war with a John Rockefeller.
High School Joe was with me and was getting exasperated. Part of the description, in reference to the whip, read "Imagine the fun you could have," which I found deliciously naughty, so I said, rather loudly, "Joe! Imagine the fun we could have!" I was also mumbling every 5 minutes, "I need to check on my boots!" and heading over to make sure I was winning.
So I won...and then the whip got some use that night. :)
P.S. No, I have no idea what I am going to do with the stuff.
It's about damn time! Love the apartment!!! Love the grates in the floor. I dig that kind of stuff, too.
I love it - very cute, modern, stylish and YOU. It's perfect.
Love the horse painting! I guess you do not cook very often considering all the paper products on top of the stove.
I like your place! It's really cute.
Haha. Good observation, Joan! I definitely do not cook. I am considering using the oven for storage.
What a nice place! I love that you can have your microwave on top of your fridge. That'd never work for me.
This was a delight of a post. I also loved the GCC blanket on the couch. It's beautiful!! :)
Post a Comment