Severely Purple. That should have been the name of the paint. Not Wild Lilac. Wild Lilac sounds calm, pretty, pleasant. My office is severely purple. Pictures to come later.
My first day was awesome...even though I insulted my boss. Joy was talking to me about important stuff but I kept getting distracted by the beautiful necklaces in our gift shop and I had my back to her. I turned to face her and said, "Hang on, I have to stop looking at pretty things so I won't be distracted." And I stared at her.
Right after I said it I realized how bad it sounded. Sorry, Joy! I think you're beautiful!
Then I picked out the perfect color of lilac paint to do up my office. Tom Highfield was very nice and helpful and he painted the trim all around the ceiling and doors and windows so that I could just go to town and not worry about screwing up borders. It was PURPLE. So much more purple than I expected. People made comments all day. But I'm bound and determined to make it a gorgeous office and a place everyone wants to be. The decorating effort will be intense. I'll do more painting today after work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ha ha. Your comment was insulting but believe it or not, I didn't feel insulted at the time.
And yes. Purple.
Actually Becky's office is the color of her blog. You can see she really does love purple a lot. I do like it myself - although I only spend one day a week there.
WOW! Way to go on your first day on the job!!! You'll have to post a photo of your office when it's done.
I can't wait to see your new office! Congrats on a successful day one!
Oh man, I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment