Friday, September 12, 2008

Ian is engaged

Can you believe it? I was just at the Wishing Well and Mary Alice (the owner's wife) told me. I'm kind of in shock, but I'm not hurt. Not nearly as much as I thought I would be anyway.
If he feels that his soul mate is a bleached blonde from Russia that wears too much makeup and can't speak any English, more power to him.
I just sent him a short e-mail saying congratulations, all my best, I knew you'd meet the right woman, blah blah blah.
I can't help but wonder how long it will last.....

8 comments:

mp said...

Oh. That sucks. That was awesome of you to send him a congratulatory note. Maybe he only asked her for show because his HS reunion is next week and he wants dispel the gay rumors? Either way, your true love will be coming to you.

Joy said...

Wow. I'm sorry Bex. And kind of glad. You deserve WAY better.

Joanna said...

I'm glad it's not bothering you like you thought it might. That shows you're healing! Of course it's going to sting but it's not devastating. Maybe the fact she doesn't speak English well shows that he can't handle a woman who can speak her own mind and challenge his opinions?!?!? Just a thought

Joan said...

Ooh, you seem to be taking it very well...I think he got what he deserves - you are too good for him!

Becky said...

Thanks for the support guys!
I'm still surprised by how unaffected I am....last night I even TRIED to cry myself to sleep and couldn't shed a single tear. It took me long enough to get over him, but it looks like I'm finally there!

Joan said...

yea, Becky!

Kate said...

Damn. That sucks! What an ass! Joy's right, you deserve WAY better. Eff him. You're over him and he's an idiot.

ash said...

Does she look like Brigette from Rocky 4? (russian blonde wearing too much makeup)
She's most likely a mail order bride (its the trend thses days)