Friday, January 7, 2011

Mass Wildlife Deaths

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super creeped out about the 15 mass wildlife deaths that have been reported since the new year started, and I refuse to believe scientists' flippant explanations for the mysteries. Kevin is annoyingly un-concerned, as you can see by this conversation.

me: ok, now doves are dead in italy
Kevin: hah
me: I'm serious! you're not creeped out?
Kevin: are you googling these things to find them?
me: no
Kevin: whats your source then?
me: there have been 15 incidents since new year's eve
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=584&q=dead%20wildlife&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wn
Kevin: Federal records show they happen on average every other day somewhere in North America. Usually, we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other."They generally fly under the radar," said ornithologist John Wiens, chief scientist at the California research institution PRBO Conservation Science.
me: so what has made the difference this year?
Kevin: the media
me: you're an un-believer
Kevin: yup. i always take that view
me: well, I still think it's odd. how come no one's ever heard of mass animal deaths
especially if it's something so common that it occurs almost every day
Kevin: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/-1281786--.html
me: the scientists are lying to us. it's a conspiracy theory
me: my tummy hurts
me: I probably have whatever those doves had

1 comment:

mp said...

Yes! I am also concerned and creeped out. AND, I hope you don't have what the birds have (had).